Being green in business isn’t as difficult as you may think. At Amulet it’s extremely important to us that our carbon footprint is as small as possible. As an independent retailer, we have found a few ways to easily reduce our impact on the environment, whilst cutting our costs at the same time. These are some of the things we do to be as environmentally friendly as possible:
- Fitting a brush draft excluder to the bottom of our door, to make the shop warmer, meaning less electricity goes on heating.
- Adjusting the shop window lights to turn off 1 hour earlier in the evening, and to turn on 1/2 hour later in the morning.
- Programming our heaters to turn on for a shorter time, and turning down the thermostat by a couple of degrees.
- Replacing a dripping tap to save water.
- Using only recycled cardboard.
- Sorting junk mail and scrap paper by colour, shredding it and using as colour coordinated packaging material (see infographic).
- Using price tags that can be cleaned and reused.
This is just a small list of the everyday “being green” working practices we have adopted to help make our world a better place, and we prompt other businesses, small and large, to do the same.